Everything You Need to Know About Census Jobs
It’s not too late to apply for one of thousands of census jobs with the United States Census Bureau for the 2020 U.S. Census! Every ten years for the U.S. Census, the United States Census Bureau recruits thousands of temporary part-time workers to conduct a variety of different tasks and responsibilities associated with making the Census run as effectively and smoothly as possible. These positions include Census Takers, Census Field Supervisors, Recruiting Assistants, Clerks, Office Operations Supervisors, and more! Most 2020 Census positions will last several weeks, so for many individuals, working with the Census serves as an opportunity for a temporary boost in their income, all while helping to serve their local communities! 2020 Census positions feature competitive wages, weekly paychecks, flexible hours, and even paid training! Even applying is simple, with the only major job qualifications being to be at least 18 years old and being a U.S. citizen.
Other qualifications are as follows:
- Have a Social Security number that’s valid
- Pass a background check
- Have a working email address
- Complete four days of training
- Complete an application and pass an assessment
- Be registered with the Selective Service program or have an exemption, if you are male and were born after December 31, 1959
- Be able to work on a flexible schedule
So, what are you waiting for? Apply for a U.S. Census job today!